Thank you for your interest in teaching at Music Center! To be considered for open teaching positions, please email a résumé and contact information for two references to email@example.com. Additionally, review the following Teaching Expectations and respond to the questions below.
Provide well-rounded quality musical instruction to students by:
- Encouraging creativity, consistency in attendance, practice, progress and performance.
- Tailoring your teaching to the individual needs, abilities and goals of each student, while teaching. fundamental musical skills. Where appropriate, you are encouraged to use the Music Development Program or Suzuki Method curricula.
- Inspiring your students through your passion, talents, and love for teaching to foster their musical and personal growth.
- Engage yourself, your students and parents with the Music Center community and actively support its mission.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with parents and students in order to encourage their educational progress, maintain studio enrollment and ensure each student has an exceptional experience at Music Center.
- Have knowledge of Music Center’s educational continuum and recommend programs that will stimulate and expand your student’s musical education.
Responsibilities Regarding Administration, Registration, and Retention
- Effectively manage your studio and schedule working closely with the registration staff and with adherence to Music Center’s written policies.
- Be actively involved in assisting the administration team in the retention and maintenance of your studio.
- Accurately maintain student attendance records.
- Respond to requests from Music Center administration in a timely manner.
- Attend all-school and department meetings as scheduled.
- Complete student evaluation forms as required.
Participation and Performance Expectations for You and Your Studio
- Encourage students to participate in performance workshops and student recitals.
- Participate in departmental events, competitions, recitals and concerts and encourage students to participate and attend.
- Facilitate student participation in our annual fundraising events for scholarship and outreach.